'The Mood'

I'm stuck in my car near Richmond, South West London. You may wonder why I have dared to stray South of the river - no fear; all shall be explained.

I just finished seeing my therapist and consultant, and down South is where they practice. Most weeks I kind of like the hour or so travel each way to unwind, I repeat, 'most weeks', for when it takes me more than 2 hours to get home, any sort of anger management or therapeutic process I may have gone through in my sessions will be left in pieces along the north circular somewhere along Ealing Common. Today I am stuck; not because of traffic, but because I think I may have drained myself of every ounce of energy (and Pepsi Max) I own. So now I don't actually have the energy to drive home! What to do?!

Think I have a bug of some sort and boy is it frustrating me; headache, nausea and the like. So I'm waiting in my car with my heating on, listening to the radio blasting out Nikki Minaj's 'Pound the Alarm'. Oh the joys. I'm not even sure now whether I am feeling a physical crabbiness or psychological crabbiness - or maybe it is psychosomatic crabbiness??? Who knows or cares? All I want now is my dear old trusty bed. 

I thought I'd use my time wisely and write on here about my crabby mood; something I'm sure will bring joy and happiness to many. 

Apparently when I have stomach pains I tend to view the world in a sarcastic bubble. Most who know me can attest to the fact that sarcasm takes up residence of rather a large space in my little mind. I kind of like it though; it helps me make light of things when I am in 'the mood'. I don't think the people around me were always that grateful for the sarcasm (particularly when it came to female professionals in the mental health services, believe me, many of them have been scarred for life after their meetings with me). Anyway, I digress. 

Apparently starting a new job and doing a TV interview are good enough reasons to be feeling this way; so I shall try accept that with open arms. Why be so harsh on myself anyway?! Hasn't exactly got me into the best of situations previously. 

Anyway, not sure what the endless drivel of a post is about, but anyway, here's to a less crabby weekend and week ahead and here's to me and my car getting home in one piece! 

Rivkah Xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On therapy and therapists Part I

Life without ED

Another day, another post...