I need help!

Ok, I needed to catch your attention, but I also do need your help!

If I am to get more people to open up about their experiences with mental illnesses, I am going to need YOU to get my message out there. My message is plain and simple: 

It Is Okay To talk About Mental Illness!!!

I know what you are thinking - this Rivkah hasn't stopped driving us mad - but I can't and won't stop until I have an army of people behind me helping others to open up and share their experiences. So like it or lump it; I am here to stay. The Cheesy Gremlin of Mental Health Blogging is going to be here till the bitter end.

The worst part when I first got ill in my early teens was that I had no idea why I was feeling like I was.  Why could nothing make me feel happy? Why could I not see a future? Why did everything look so bleak? I didn't understand those feelings because I didn't know about the illness called Depression.  It is possible that had I known about and understood that illness, things may not have got so bad.

I sometimes do wonder what my life would have been like, had I learnt in school that there was an actual physical illness that could make you feel that bad. If people who had experienced depression or anxiety had been guest speakers at our assembly in school, would more pupils have felt they could talk to other's about their own emotions? Or maybe it is something that should have been taught in lessons as part of the curriculum?   For if 1 in 4 of my classmates are going to have a mental illness at some point in their life and there were 50 girls in my class, then at least 12 of us would have benefited from such a lesson, and the other 38 would be able to support family members or friends who are unwell.

I know that organisations are working hard to talk in schools about what mental illnesses are and what can be done to help those who are suffering, but I also know that we as individuals all have the ability to do this too.

It almost seems like I am constantly blowing my own trumpet, but [if I may say so myself], and in my own [very] humble opinion, I think that by sharing my blog you are in fact showing someone who is suffering that they are not alone and that help is available.

Read, Comment, Share, Like, Tweet, Talk, Send it on to anyone you know - Help me help others. 












Night Xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On therapy and therapists Part I

Life without ED

Another day, another post...