2016 in a nutshell

Having just been asked to speak at a small event for a local mental health charity, I started typing up a short speech. Once I started I realised how much I missed writing.  I totally forgot how cathartic it is. So maybe I am back!?

There is a lot to catch up on – the last time I wrote properly on here was August 2015 and a LOT has happened since then.  I’m not going to go into all the details – too lengthy and boring!

In short, 2016 was not my year. I spent 6 months+ between December 2015 and July 2016 on various different wards in a variety of hospitals, struggling to manage my depression. It was the worst time of my life and I never want to repeat any of those experiences again. 

In the past year I lost so much including my job, my old treatment team and so many friends.  I don’t blame anyone for leaving me; I was struggling to survive and was not able to be there for anyone. For those who stuck with me – thank you! I know it was hard and I am sorry for putting you through this. I am really glad to say that I feel I have pulled out the other side (finally!). 

Proper update coming next 
x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On therapy and therapists Part I

Life without ED

Another day, another post...